Search

Master Bedroom Updates & Plans

Hello Everyone! 

I've been living in the new townhouse for a little over 2 months now, and I haven't made too much progress on decorating it and making it feel like an actual home, but there are a few things I've done AND I have a lot of big plans for the place! I thought I would share some updates and plans for each room each week, starting with the master bedroom! I live with 2 other roommates, so their rooms I'll wait to share until they're done decorating, but in the meantime I can share what we've done to the common living spaces and my room, as well as what we plan to do! So here we go!



For my bedroom, I've been struggling with what style to go with. This tends to be a common theme for me. I'm constantly going back and forth between whether to go bright and colorful, or keep it simple and minimal. When I moved in I had the headboard from my old place and then the two night stand IKEA hacks from this post and the IKEA Hemnes 8 Drawer Dresser. I also kept the old bedding from my old place. The walls were painted this terrible yellow beige color which made everything look like it was yellowing. The nice thing about this space is the two big windows which let in a lot of natural light. It helps brighten the space, but even with the amount of light coming in, the paint color really made the room feel depressing and gross.




I decided the first thing I was going to do was to paint the room. I decided to paint the room Sherwin Williams Light French Gray. I also mounted my TV above my dresser. Eventually I decided to go with a more neutral color for my bedding. I didn't want to change out the bedding before mainly because of how incredibly soft it was! Then, I was at HomeGoods one day and stumbled upon the exact same comforter set that I had in purple before but it was white! I didn't hesitate and I bought it!


Later I decided to go with a more minimal but glam feel to my room and added 2 prints above my bed that read "Inhale", "Exhale." I found the prints on Etsy and bought frames from JoAnn Fabrics. You can read more about the wall art here
I replaced the IKEA hack night stands with a tv cart my work was planning on throwing away. There was nothing wrong with it, it just needed a little freshening up, but they decided to get rid of it due to space. Obviously I jumped on the opportunity to pick up a new free piece of furniture!

Going forward, I'd really like to get a new headboard. The one I currently have is just too green. I bought it on Wayfair a while back and it said grey online, but when it arrived it looked more greenish gray. You can check it out here. I decided to keep it though and now I regret it. The color just really bugs me, no matter how much I try to tell myself "it doesn't look that bad."  I can't decide now if I want to go with something thats more minimal, industrial, or glam. So I've been scouring the internet to find something that just speaks to me. 

I also would definitely like to replace the lamp and do some more styling as far as the dresser and night stand go, and add some colorful pillows to the bedding. Right now the whole room is simple and very white and grey. I just haven't decided which accent color/colors I want to go with yet, so I haven't purchased any decor to style the room. Hopefully I can make a decision soon though. 

In the meantime, I'll be brainstorming away trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the room. Stay tuned for more updates in the future! 

No comments

Post a Comment