Search

THE SHIPLAP WALL IN THE BATHROOM & THE BATHROOM MAKEOVER: PART 2



In my previous post I had finished installing the Shiplap in the Bathroom. All that was left was adding some trim & finishing pieces and painting the wall. I started by painting the wall Sherwin Williams Oxford White. I used a paint brush to paint along the ridges first and then took a small roller to paint the rest.


Then I installed the baseboards and trim at that would frame out the wall.




I painted the baseboards and the trim with Valspar gloss white project paint.



I also painted the trim that I added around the window with the same paint. The trim I put around the window wasn’t a deal but because I’m on a budget it’s all I had to work with for now it will do. Itdoes the trick.

​I’m hoping to be able to install better trim around the window in the future.
Unfortunately, I had to mud around the wall where the old trim that surrounded the photo brick paneling pulled up the original drywall. It was a pretty easy fix. I sanded down the uneven spots and just use drywall putty to fill in the cracks.


Eventually, I’d like to add shiplap to all the walls in the bathroom. But for now, since I’m on a budget like I said, I decided to keep the original drywall and just go with that.
I also updated the electrical plug on the wall where I added the shiplap. The old one was dingy and outdated and since I was already in the process of redoing the entire wall and had pulled the outlet from the wall I figured why not.



No comments

Post a Comment