Search

Master Bedroom Mini Makeover




Happy Sunday! I wanted to share a few updates to the master bedroom. There was nothing drastically wrong with the previous space, but I just felt like it needed some updates to make it feel more "me" and to make it a space that I really enjoy spending time in. Something cozy but cute. Ya Know?




Here's what the space looked like before...



While I love the big wood canopy bed I had painted and distressed, it really just didn't fit in the space well. Since we had it at one of our previous homes (which was much bigger) and moved to a smaller townhouse, the bed, while BEAUTIFUL, just needed to be removed from the room. The nightstands belonged to my dad so I gave those back to him, and the bedding really just needed an update.

I reupholstered my old headboard with a pink velvet fabric I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics. Since I'm planning on moving again in the next few months I decided not to buy a new bed since I want to upgrade my queen size bed to a King when I move. Reupholstering my current headboard saved me some money  and helped me avoiding wasting money on a headboard I was going to get rid of in the move anyway. I also decided not to get my new night stands yet until after the move. One less thing to worry about when we're lugging things over to the new place! The white velvet pillow cases, pillow inserts and leopard print throw I got off amazon. I've ordered other colors in the pillow cases before (seen in some of my instagram posts) and I LOVE them! The quality is great and they're so soft! I also LOVE the quality of the pillow inserts! There down, so they are so plush and comfortable!  The Faux Fur pillows are from HomeGoods as well.



I haven't gotten new bedding yet, since I'm still trying to find the perfect one, but I got my current bedding from HomeGoods a few years ago and its crazy soft! I love it! I also purchased it in a light purple color for the guest room!

I got the lamp and lamp shade from AtHome. You can't order online with them, which is a bummer, but they have so many amazing pieces there. I was almost overwhelmed! There was so much to choose from!

I still plan on getting new night stands and possibly something for above the bed (something that will work in the new place when we move) but I haven't found the right thing yet. In the mean time I'm very pleased with out the mini makeover went and I think I can live comfortably with it in the mean time. What do y'all think?

SHOP THE POST:



No comments

Post a Comment