Search

Painting the Kitchen Cabinets: Part 2


In my last post, Kitchen Makeover Part 1, we painted the oak cabinets that had come in the house when my parent’s purchased it {well only the bottom cabinets}. We just finished painting  the top cabinets and a few things have changed in the process. In the first post I had said that priming was not necessary, and technically it’s not. However, after many many coats of paint, I decided to go out and buy primer for the cabinets and it changed my world! Instead of painting 5 coats, I painted two coats of primer and 1 {sometimes 2} coats of the Behr Ultra Premium Ultra Pure White Satin Paint on the top! The cabinets were done in half the time it took me to paint the bottom cabinets and they even looked better! I also skipped the sanding process once I decided to get the primer and the paint is holding up great! 


We took the cross that was hanging in the entry way and moved it to the coffee corner in the kitchen to give the wall a little decor.
\We decided to paint the main wall in the dining area white to brighten the room since the wall would reflect the natural light coming in from the sliding glass door. On the rest of the walls in the dining area/kitchen, we thought a light gray would be a nice neutral color {other than white} that would reflect a good light in the room.

The white wall we painted in Behr Ultra Pure White in a satin finish. 
For the gray walls we chose Behr Sterling in satin.
​Here is the coffee corner we created along a wall that used to have bookshelves on it {yes I said bookshelves}. We removed the bookshelves to help open up the layout of the kitchen
x



The primer I used was Kiltz 2 Latex
The walls, as I had mentioned in the last kitchen makeover post, were some awful tint of orange. 
We took the cross that was hanging in the entry way and moved it to the coffee corner in the kitchen to give the wall a little decor.
The kitchen chairs were painted BEHR Cucumber Crush


No comments

Post a Comment