Search

Powder Room Update

When my parents moved into the townhouse they live in now, the house was in decent condition. There were just things here and there that desperately needed a makeover. The one room in the house that I felt needed it the most was the powder room on the middle floor. Not only was the room reflecting a hideous shade of orange from the paint the previous owners had chosen, but it also was very dingy and dirty.
I decided to make this bathroom my latest project and give it a complete {and much needed} face lift!


Powder Room Before
To start, I painted the walls. They would no longer be a shade of orange beige. I chose the color I had painted her bookshelves and ️Desk in because I was obsessed with the color and felt like it would soften the harsh lighting in the room. {Glidden, Bluegrass White}
Powder Room After
Then we painted the oak cabinets that came standard with the home and were contributing to the awful yellow tint that was being reflected into the room.
We decided just to paint the cabinets white with Behr Ultra Semi Gloss paint.
img_1728
The hardware in the bathroom also needed to be replaced, but rather than buy all new hardware, we decided spray painting the old hardware would do the trick! I chose Rustoleum Black Metallic spray paint. We spray painted the light fixture, the toilet paper holder, the towel holder and the electrical face plates and WOW what a difference!
img_1730
In addition to spray painting the light fixture, I also replaced the light bulbs. The old bulbs were letting off a very yellow light. They also were not very visually appealing. By switching up the bulbs the lighting in the room is much brighter AND the light fixture now looks much more elegant and more visually appealing.
light before 1
light after 1
The bathroom is looking amazing! I am so happy with how everything turned out. After sitting with the new bathroom the way it was, I realized that one crucial element had not been addressed— the ceiling. It was a yellow beige color and was still leaving an awful yellow light in the room. I haven’t been able to paint it yet, but as soon as the full bathroom renovation is complete, there will be a full bathroom picture posted.
x

No comments

Post a Comment